2024 Event Pricing
|Early Bird (closes 2 April)
Training Only: Certification for new users
|Training Only: Advanced Training for existing users
|Training Only: Gas & Hydrogen Fundamentals
|Conference only (23-24 May)
VAT and booking fees apply.
Scroll down on this page to learn more about the program, networking opportunities, the venue, and highlights from Xcelerate Barcelona 2023.
We look forward to seeing you in Athens!
We've added an extra day of training for Xcelerate 2024! This year will be packed full of interactive PLEXOS training, panels and presentations, networking events, and - back by popular demand - our PLEXOS LAB (additional details below). Don't miss the exciting opportunities to connect with your industry peers offered at Xcelerate!
|Tuesday 21 May
|Wednesday 22 May
|Thursday 23 May
|Friday 24 May
Product-focused Program & Training:
|Day 1 Detailed Schedule
|Day 2 Detailed Schedule
|Day 3 Detailed Schedule
|Day 4 Detailed Schedule
PLEXOS Fundamentals Certification
- Hands-on practice building a small power network
- How to add external data to PLEXOS and Running the model using scenarios
- Exercises that enhance the model using Markets and Custom Constraints
- Explore some bulk work practices and explaining how to add detail to a system description
- How outages are used to determine system adequacy
- Demonstrating the importance of the MT Schedule
- Understanding how data is handled and evaluated to generate a long-term plan
PLEXOS Advanced Training
- Diving deeper into PLEXOS Use cases
- Explore Batteries vs. Hydrogen vs. Bump Storage, vs. EVs
- Compare Performance vs. precision and analyse the LT-ST convergence
- Investigate modelling losses and congestion & contingency analysis
- Examine deeper into cloud automation/CLI, stochastics, and dashboard building
- Dive into water values, Stochastic Dual Dynamic Programming (SDDP) and rolling horizons
- Learn more about performance vs. Precision, plus unexpected behaviors in the ST
- Universal PLEXOS will highlight workflows around combinatorial optimization and an activity called Choose Your Team
PLEXOS Gas & Hydrogen Training
The PLEXOS Gas training track will focus on all things gas-related, starting with the basics of using PLEXOS which is tailored to those primarily modelling gas problems. The goal through the first day will be to ensure that those attending get accustomed to the basic usage. The 2nd day will be focused on diving deeper into exercises and recapping day 1. We will also dive into Constraints, Stochastic Modelling, and Modelling Gas Topology.
- Learn about the PLEXOS workflow and structure focused on PLEXOS Gas
- Be able to understand System Modelling of the gas module
- Build models as you go through each learning session
- Go through the hands-on exercises
- Understand Scenario-based analysis and simulation phases
- Delve into constrain modelling and decomposition for the gas modules
- Explore Modeling uncertainty in PLEXOS
- Learn about basin, zones, and transport, plus capacity release offer and DSM Program.
exciting social events confirmed for 2024!
Connect with industry peers
Due to our diverse user base spanning the whole energy value chain - Xcelerate delegates join us from a wide range of organisations, including TSOs, Utilities, Regulatory Bodies, Trading Companies, Consultancies and more.
The Xcelerate 3-and-a-half-day agenda offers plenty of networking opportunities, from coffee breaks to lunch to our memorable evening receptions for you to make new business connections and foster existing relationships.
Highlights from Xcelerate Barcelona
Recap our 2023 event
Want to know more about what you'll experience at Xcelerate? Check out the recap from our event in Barcelona last year.
We're looking forward to welcoming you in 2024!