PLEXOS Insights for Traders provides a beacon of clarity in the fluctuating and complex energy trading markets. PLEXOS is an advanced simulation tool designed for those already acquainted with energy trading software. It offers traders the capability to forecast and optimize energy markets through complex modeling techniques, providing a deeper understanding specifically for energy modeling software. Energy Exemplar, with over two decades of expertise in simulation software, has developed the latest innovation tailored to the intricacies of energy trading. Our team’s profound understanding of energy markets, combined with their adeptness in modeling, lays the foundation for PLEXOS Insights for Traders. PLEXOS Insights for Traders combines both market-leading software with market-leading fundamental expertise, to provide the best insights for traders in the market.
A Tailored Solution
PLEXOS Insights for Traders leverages our fully calibrated European Dataset and our in-house platform that cleans, scrapes and transforms the latest available market information. Our models capture unit-level fundamentals for Central and Western Europe and utilize machine learning to model external markets. A key innovation is the integration of Flow-Based Market Coupling (FBMC) to model the crucial interconnector flows: this alone is a breakthrough, improving simulation results by 10-15%.
Our first Insights for Traders products – focused on supporting short-term European power trading decisions – have been launched at a time when developing a fundamental view of European power markets has never been more difficult. Each individual bidding zone has its own unique generation stack while also being increasingly dependent on the fundamentals of its neighbors due to growing interconnectivity - Great Britain (GB) has five interconnectors, with more on the way. This means that to obtain a specific country's view, it's necessary to model all neighboring countries, as market movements quickly create a ripple effect across Europe. We manage the entire end-to-end workflow so that you can focus on crafting your tailor made trading strategies using our model.
- Latest hourly, unit-level market fundamentals for the short-term market, delivered daily via an interactive Trader Dashboard and API (coming soon).
- Wide range of pre-defined scenarios for all the market drivers, and the confidence that the results are underpinned by a market-leading fundamental model
- Short-term price predictions for the power day-ahead markets in Great Britain (GB), Germany (DE), France (FR), the Netherlands (NL), Austria (AT), and Belgium (BE) – Our service offers not just forecasts but also insights into the reasons behind price fluctuations, equipping traders with the understanding needed to foresee market changes.
- Daily refresh, with the latest view available when the market opens
- Twenty-five smart scenarios simulated to give traders flexibility (gas, coal, carbon, wind, solar, outages) including specialized scenarios like French nuclear availability.
- Unit-level Stack Models – Get insights into every unit that we expect to run for every hour of every day and the MW generated
- Interconnector flows – Understand how cross continent flows change in different scenarios
- Portfolio Analysis - Drill down into any unit or portfolio and understand expected MW generated and craft hedging strategies
- Historic Performance Analysis - Compare predictions with actuals
- Cross-Continent Correlation Analysis – Crucial for locational spreads and understanding correlations.
PLEXOS Insights seamlessly integrates with your existing trading platforms and tools, making it an indispensable part of your trading stack.
Preview of Our Dashboard Analytics
See below for a snapshot of our intuitive Trader Dashboard interface, showcasing the depth and versatility of our analytics.
Create your own portfolio of assets to deep dive into predicted run time and hedging requirements under different scenarios.
Cross-Continent Correlation Analysis
Deep dive into the correlations between different bidding zones in different scenarios.
Hourly Power Price Forecasts
Power price forecasts for a range of carbon scenarios.
Explore Our Market Analysis
For insights into the German Power Market, check out our latest post and discussion on LinkedIn.
Risk Free Trials
Post by Subin Sen
December 21, 2023